The PHA (NI) sponsored FREE two-day Advanced Motivational Interviewing workshop with Mentoring delivered by Glenn Hinds Motivation & Coaching Consultants is now open to all applicants.
The two-day training (plus four months one-to-one mentoring) at The Junction 10-12 Bishop Street Derry Londonderry BT48 6PW (click address for GoogleMap) is scheduled 29th & 30th January 2019. The Advanced Motivational Interviewing workshop is specifically designed for practitioners who have completed Motivational Interviewing Level 1 training who wish to deepen their knowledge and skills in MI. to support your integration of the theory and practice of Motivational Interviewing with individuals and families impacted by alcohol and/or drugs.
1.0 Course Aims
To develop practitioners knowledge and skills in the consistent and effective use of Motivational Interviewing.
2.0 Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, participants will demonstrate:
- The ability to differentiate Change Talk and Commitment Talk in helping conversations
- A practical awareness of the strategies to elicit and enhance Change and Commitment Talk
- A practical use of The Value Sort Cards
- Confidence in
– The use of the opening strategies of motivational interviewing
– The readiness Ruler
– Decisional Balance
– Change Plan Worksheet
- An increased confidence and commitment to utilising the principles and strategies of Motivational Interviewing in their work/practice setting
3.0 Course Content
Participants will be provided with the opportunities to explore and enhance:
- Their understanding and practice of the basic concepts of Motivational Interviewing & health behaviour change
- Change, Commitment & Resistance Talk
- Engaging Mandated Clients
- MI in Supervision, groups and Team Work Conversations
- Simple & Complex reflections
- Essentials of Affirming
- The Use of Motivational Assessment, Intervention and Planning Tools
- Values, Discrepancies and Change
Anyone can apply, although priority will be given to individuals based in Northern Ireland using the following descending priorities:-
- Have completed Motivational Interviewing Level 1 training with a MINT trainer in past two years
- Employed by agencies funded by the PHA to provide alcohol/drug interventions
- Employed by any agency providing only alcohol/drug interventions
- Employed by an agency that provides support to individual’s or families affected by alcohol/drugs as part of their service agreement
- Any other service provider
NB – This course requires a commitment to attend the two day workshop, PLUS ALL mentoring sessions.
It is essential that you discuss your application with your line manger and have their approval to participate in Advanced Motivational Interviewing training and mentoring prior to making this application.
We are available to discuss any aspect of the training or answer any questions you may have on 0776 376 4486 or at firstname.lastname@example.org