Level 2 Intermediate
2-Day Skills Development Workshop
Key theme: ‘Evoking change in helping conversations’
Is this course for me?
This 2-day workshop is designed for everyone who wishes to develop their skills in supporting people change their behaviour. It will be of particular interest to those assisting people who wish to change their thinking or behaviour including diet, substance use, exercise routine, medication adherence, criminal behaviour, or any other health or lifestyle behaviour.
This workshop has benefitted staff and practitioners from Human Resources, Criminal Justice, Family & Children Services, Housing Departments, Midwives, Nurses, Youth Workers, Social Workers, General Practitioners, Doctors and Welfare Agencies.
1.0 Course Aims
To introduce participants to the skills, processes and opening strategies of Motivational Interviewing.
2.0 Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, participants will demonstrate:
- The ability to differentiate Change Talk and Commitment Talk in helping conversations
- A practical awareness of the strategies to elicit and enhance Change and Commitment Talk
- A practical use of The Value Sort Cards
- Confidence in:
– The use of the opening strategies of motivational interviewing
– The readiness Ruler
– Decisional Balance
– Change Plan Worksheet
- An increased confidence and commitment to utilizing the principles and strategies of Motivational Interviewing in their work/practice setting