Motivational Interviewing: Foundation Level 1
Level 1 Foundation
2-Day Skills Development Workshop
Key theme: ‘Evoking change in helping conversations’
Is this course for me?
This 2-day foundation level 1 workshop is designed for everyone who wishes to develop their skills in supporting people change their behaviour. It will be of particular interest to those assisting people who wish to change their thinking or behaviour including diet, substance use, exercise routine, medication adherence, criminal behaviour, or any other health or lifestyle behaviour.
This workshop has benefitted staff and practitioners from Human Resources, Criminal Justice, Family & Children Services, Housing Departments, Midwives, Nurses, Youth Workers, Social Workers, General Practitioners, Doctors and Welfare Agencies.
1.0 Course Aims
To introduce participants to the Spirit, Core Skills, Four processes and Tools of Motivational Interviewing.
2.0 Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, participants will demonstrate:
- a practice based awareness of the spirit of motivational interviewing
- a working knowledge of the core skills of motivational interviewing
- an ability to assist individuals and groups assess their own readiness to change and make purposeful decisions about their health & lifestyle behaviours
- a recognition of how discord or resistance arises and effective responses
- a confidence and commitment to utilise the processes and core skills of Motivational Interviewing in their work/practice setting
- an understanding of how to engage mandated clients who attend against their will
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Motivational Interviewing contact form’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Organisation name’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Telephone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Enquiry details’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]